Thanks to the generous support of the Delaware Animal Welfare License Plate Fund, DHA is hosting a series of four free spay and neuter clinics at DHA’s Tatiana and Gerret Copeland Animal Care Center (701 A St. Wilmington, DE 19801). All four free clinics will be open to the public and all Delaware residents are eligible.
Please read below for clinic requirements and other important information:
- Kittens must be at least 4 months old to be eligible for surgery.
- All cats must be transported in a hard-sided carrier or trap.
- Surgery days only cover the cost of spay and neuter services, as well as a 1-year Rabies vaccine. Any additional services will be an out of pocket expense with payment due the day of surgery.
- Sussex County cat caretakers who need transportation assistance can bring cats to DHA’s Rehoboth Beach adoption center, where DHA staff can transport them to our medical facility in Wilmington. Cats must be dropped off at the Rehoboth Beach adoption center (18675 Coastal Highway Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971) between 7 – 7:30 AM and can be picked up at the same location later that evening.
Free spay and neuter clinic dates are:
- April 10th, 2021: Cats only, focusing on outdoor/ free roaming community cats throughout the state of Delaware.
- SOLD OUT– April 20th, 2021: Dogs only, focusing on mixed bully breeds such as Pitbull, Mastiff, etc. throughout the state of Delaware.
To sign up for one of the four free spay and neuter clinics, please call DHA directly at 302-571-0111 and leave a message. Folks with additional questions can reach out to Courtney Anderson, Director of Animal Welfare, at email@example.com.